First backwards-compatible Cat 7 Interface
Nexans will promote GG45 as part of their copper cabling system LANmark Class F. LANmark Class F is a cabling system for networks, which need sufficient room to grow in the future. GG45 is a "2 in 1" Connector which supports the traditional interface RJ45 for Cat.6 and Cat.5 as well as a new high speed interface for Cat.7 and 600 MHz transmission. The female jack of the connector contains a switch mechanism, which will be activated by a corresponding Cat.7 male plug. With this intelligence in the jack the decision about the performance level of a complete channel will be done by the patch cord: a traditional patch cord activates Cat.6 or Cat.5 performance and a new Cat.7 one activates 600 MHz and above.
Using GG45, enterprises can build up a high speed and long living cabling system in a unique, but fully standardised way. Compared to other available Class F systems the cost of infrastructure components can be reduced by as much as 50% due to the ability to migrate application support without the need for special proprietary and high cost patch cords.
Summary of product features:
- Support for data applications up to 600 MHz and multimedia applications
- 2 in 1 Connector and backward compatible to Cat.6 and Cat.5
- Standardised for Class F in ISO/IEC 11801, 2nd edition and IEC 60603-7-7
- Snap In module with 360° screening, easy to integrate
- Easy to install (no LSA Plus tools needed)