Vestas turns to Nexans WINDLINK® cables to electrify the future of its onshore wind turbines16.02.2021
- Two-year contract will see around one million Windlink cable kits installed inside Vestas turbines across the globe
- A local extended supply chain to match Vestas global footprint while reducing carbon impact
- A successful partnership for the development of the EnVentus platform thanks to our resident engineer program
Paris, February 16, 2021 – Nexans has secured a two-year global supply contract with Vestas Wind Systems to provide around one million WINDLINK® cable kits for turbines destined for onshore wind farms in Europe, the US, China and Brazil. This latest agreement extends Nexans’s long-standing position as a leading global supplier for Vestas.
The Vestas contract demonstrates Nexans’s ambition to lead the change to a new world of electrification through cost-effective wind power projects.
- The low voltage (LV) and medium voltage (MV) cable kits will be installed inside Vestas onshore wind turbines rated at 2, 3 and 4 megawatt (MW). They will provide pre-connected, pre-tested and easy-to-fit connections for power, control and communication functions within the nacelle, tower and control panels.
- The cables that Nexans is supplying to Vestas feature rubber, thermoplastic or silicone insulation according to their specific application. A significant new development for this latest contract will be the use of completely lead-free materials in the construction of MV cables.
In addition to the performance and reliability of the WINDLINK® cables, Vestas also appreciates the comprehensive portfolio and dedicated expertise in technical support provided by Nexans.
The WINDLINK® cable kits also benefit from a supply chain support worldwide thanks to Nexans’s manufacturing footprint in Europe, US, China and Brazil, including a recent extension of capacity in Poland and China.
“ We are delighted to further extend our relationship with Vestas. Our vision is to build a world that is safer, sustainable, renewable, decarbonized and accessible to everyone and the wind turbines manufactured by Vestas are a perfect fit for that vision.
It is also especially pleasing that our solutions will be fitted within the next-generation EnVentus platform that enables turbines to provide more wind energy efficiently. ”
Christopher GuérinCEO, Nexans
Wählen Sie Ihr Land aus, um unsere Produkte und Lösungen zu finden